Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback about ALICE! We have been listening and working to build the best generative construction simulation solution. Here are the improvements that have been completed in December:
- New Properties tab in selection tree: In addition to grouping elements by Family, Recipe, and Level, we now have the option to navigate elements by their properties:
- UDF: elements can be found by their UDF assignments and values, as well as easily spot possible input errors in those assignments/values.
- Milestones: you can see all the elements that belong to each milestone under the relevant node. This makes checking and verifying milestone assignments easier than ever.
- Easily assign supports in Plan: This new feature allows you to linearly assign supports in succession to selected elements along a chosen direction. For example, you may select a bottom-to-top direction for a highrise superstructure, a top-bottom direction for the substructure excavation, or a left-right direction for a tunneling job.
- Bulk Element/Group name editing: Does it happen that you should have set in place an element naming convention, but a bit too late? This new feature allows you to selectively perform find/replace in bulk on elements so that you can have a unified element nomenclature that makes filtering and plan/schedule navigation much easier.
- Mark Elements with missing required UDF's in the Recipe tab: If a work element requires one (or more) UDF values by its recipe, you are now able to easily identify both the element and the recipe by looking at the recipes tab of the element list/tree. A red dot will indicate which recipes are missing data along with the offending element(s), so you can address the problem.
- Enable 'Shift + Select' for Non-Leaves in “Level” and “Recipe” trees: Shift + Select now works even across nodes in the “Level” and “Recipe” element trees.
- Solution storing performance improvement: Improvements have been made to the solution storage process speeding that up by 10-15%. This brings a smoother experience to the user when running simulations.
- Optimize crane active drivers: Improvements have been made to the active drivers' algorithm for cranes. This results in an increase in the amount of complexity that can be handled.
- Scheduler Solutions Storing Optimization: Simulation results are now stored more efficiently, which will allow you to run more simulations in parallel with a smooth performance.
- Last Modified Date accounts for plan parameter changes: The “last modified” date indicator for plans was previously only covering property changes (ex: name, description). The date will now also update when there are plan parameter changes (ex: supports, groups, milestones, recipe assignments).