1. This tutorial will show you multiple data import methods in ALICE
2. Click Recipes
3. Click Import Excel file
4. Click highlight to select a file to import or drag and drop.
5. Users can import all recipes in the recipe matrix format or select key recipes.
Note: recipe matrix was exported from Trial Projects - Infra Recipe Library
Infra Recipe Library Download link
6. Scroll down and click Import Recipes
7. Click OK, reload page
8. Click Recipes
9. Users can now see the recipe library was successfully imported and available for planning
10. Click Resources to see additional data that can be imported in the resource pool
11. click Import from P6 to import Crews from an existing P6 schedule
12. Click highlight to select a file to import or drag and drop.
13. Click on the top box to select all
Here is a link to the GWP P6 file for import.
14. Click Bulk Edits
15. Bulk edits can be made to the subcontractor
16. Click ALICE Recipe Template Library to assign a subcontractor
Note: create new subcontractor names prior to importing the file
17. Click your preferred calendar to bulk assign
18. Input an hourly cost or leave blank
Users can also bulk assign cost and available maximum crews
Note: recommend leaving this crew availability blank as the crew max might vary by crew type
19. Click Save to apply bulk changes
20. Scroll down and click Next
21. Click Import & Reload
22. Click Equipment tab to see the option for importing equipment from an existing P6 file
23. Click Import from P6 to import equipment from an existing P6 file
24. Click Calendars
25. Click Import from P6
26. Click highlight
27. Click to Select all calendars from the P6 file for import
28. Click Next
29. Click Import & Reload
30. Now you can see all of your P6 calendars are successfully imported
Here's an interactive tutorial
** Best experienced in Full Screen (click the icon in the top right corner before you begin) **
This clickable tutorial shares best practices for importing a recipe matrix from excel and importing your resources from an existing P6 schedule file.