1. The first step is to open Solutions in ALICE and click What If to schedule new simulations.
2. Click Saturate all resources to default all available crews on the job to unlimited (∞). ALICE will explore a multitude of resource allocations, and recommend optimized crew mixes based on the updated constraints.
3. Name your new scenario run and describe whats different
4. Click Run Scenario to schedule the updated constraints and generate new scenarios. ALICE will search for the fastest duration at the lowest cost.
5. Right click on the three dots
6. Click Copy to generate new schedule scenarios building on the copied sceaniros constraints.
7. Click Describe What's Different in this scenario. In this scenario, we are going to saturate crews and equipment.
8. Click on equipment and saturate all resources in the equipment tab.
You can see a range of possibilities based on simulating crew and equipment constraints and saturations
You now have the skills to help optimize critical resources on your projects.
10. You can check the box on multiple solutions to compare whats different and click analyze solution to dive into the simulation.
Here's an interactive tutorial
** Best experienced in Full Screen (click the icon in the top right corner before you begin) **
This clickable tutorial teaches you how to run a saturation of crews, equipment and materials to optimize resources and scheduling solutions in the explore page.