Groups in ALICE are one of the options to control the level of detail that will be produced in the final schedule and organize the family tree of each project.
ALICE treats Groups as a single element. This means that when you create a group and assign a recipe to it - the entire group of elements will be scheduled based on the information in that recipe.
There are 3 options to create groups:
To create groups in ALICE:
- Hold the "Shift" key and select the elements you want to group
- Go to "Groups" in the element dashboard
- Define a name for the group, and click the "Enter" or button to create groups
NOTE: All groups will be located under the "Groups" category in the family tree.
To remove element(s) from groups:
- Select the group, go to "Edit Group" in the element dashboard
- Remove required element from the group element list
For more use-cases and instructions, please watch the video below: