Product Updates: Jan - Sept 2019
Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback about ALICE! We have been listening and working to build the best product for construction planning and scheduling. Here are the improvements that have been completed between this year:
- Rename individual elements in ALICE, correct element names or create new names that you’re familiar with.
- Create a new group by entering the group name and pressing ‘enter’. Add or remove elements from a group by selecting them in the viewer. Combine multiple groups into a single group. View the sum of element properties in a group.
- View the support relationships shared between elements. Assign support relationships to multiple elements at the same time.
- Hide/remove elements from the model. You no longer have to go back into Revit or Navisworks to filter out elements.
- Choose to view or hide connected task relationships from other recipes to create an easier to read recipe.
- Create and store subcontractor information. subcontractors can have multiple crew types associated with them.
- Crew resource allocation defaults to unlimited. Generate an unlimited crew schedule to analyze the impact of project constraints not related to resources.
- Copy crew types. You no longer have to setup a crew calendar for every crew. Create the calendar for one crew, copy the crew, and change the crew name.
- Create tasks that supply material. Analyze the impact of resource supply.
- Enter ‘0’ into the work pay multiplier to create a “No Work” period. Use this to create multiple working shifts with breaks on a single day.
- The new Gantt Chart allows you to adjust the module size. Filter the gantt chart to view specific crews, equipment, or materials. Hover over a task in the gantt to view the respective element in the 4D. These updates allow you to efficiently analyze schedules.
- New information included in the updated CSV Export:
- Element ID’s - can be used to create 4D animations in other softwares
- Crew Type and number of crews used for each task
- A predecessor task column
- Separate columns for each material/equipment with the usage per task.
- Manage functionality has been temporarily removed while our Product and Engineering teams are working to enhance the feature.