Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback about ALICE! We have been listening and working to build the best generative construction simulation solution. Here are the improvements that have been completed in May:
- Calendars 2.0: It’s finally here! You can create one calendar with as many holidays as you like and assign that to multiple crews. Updating that calendar will automatically update all crews. You can copy calendars to create variations. There are many other cool features to this and all follow a great user experience!
- Infeasibility Checking: Any user can now get specific information with regards to infeasibility checks before they even start running their simulations. Note that this only applies to cases where infeasibility is caused by plan page user errors, and the reports can still be used for other cases.
- Equipment Cost Curve: Equipment finally have their own curve on the cost over time graph! The curve combines both idle and direct costs, but you can hover over the indicator to get the breakdown!
- Sync and Hover Information for remaining graphs: You can now accurately tie the 4D visualization with Analytics graph values using the graph navigator and tooltip.
- Auto-Layout of Recipe Operations: We all know that recipe layouts can get messy, especially when you’re importing from excel or building them on the spot in a planning session. But that’s where this new feature comes in! You can now have ALICE automatically sort and lay-out your operations in a way that is super easy to understand.
Project Start Date applies to all plans: Have you ever wanted to change your project start date… only to learn that you need to upload a new plan to make this work?? Well… since project start date is now a project specific setting rather than a plan specific setting, you can do that without the need for a new upload. You still have to make sure calendars are updated so please watch the accompanying video to learn more about that.
Improved Analyze Date Range Picker: Date range filters now only accept dates between your project start/finish so you won’t spend time accidentally setting up redundant filters.
Optimize Model Load: New Improvements ensure the model load time reduced dramatically.
Reusable Material Cost Calculation: Cost calculations were corrected for reusable materials so that previous cases of double counting are removed. Consumable vs Reusable Material costs are now separated in the graph.