Auto-grouping is a powerful feature that helps to finalize the grouping phase in ALICE within minutes, to organize the family tree with a project-specific structure.
ALICE provides two options to do auto-grouping:
- Auto-Grouping by Coordinates
- Auto-Grouping by Parameters
Auto-Grouping by Parameters:
Auto-grouping by parameters allows using all ALICE custom properties and imported BIM parameters to do a project-specific grouping.
To do Auto-Grouping by Parameters:
- Select the element(s) and check if you have all the necessary paramerets
- You can create new parameters by using "Add Custom" or "Import From BIM" features
- In the element dashboard, go to Groups and click on "Auto-grouping" button
- In the Automatic Grouping window, click on the empty field and add the necessary parameters
NOTE: Group name will be defined by the order of selected parameters
- Click "Create Groups" to finish the process
For more use-cases and instructions, please watch the video below: