Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback about ALICE! We have been listening and working to build the best generative construction simulation solution. Here are the improvements that have been completed in August:
- P6 export includes progress data: P6 exports of schedules with Manage data will now include that data, as well as: the status of every task, the actual and original dates, the percent complete values, and the project data date. This further facilitates the process of maintaining the schedule in both systems without having to repeat the same work twice.
- Supports loop report: If you’ve ever encountered the blue spinning wheel when assigning supports on the Plan page, this feature brings all the answers. It will automatically indicate when a loop in your support system has occurred (example below).
- Original Planned Dates are available in CSV exports: For projects in the execution phase (Manage), you can now track the original vs actual start/end dates even after several cycles of updates and rescheduling. This will elevate the quality of project performance analyses and enable better tracking of duration estimate reliability.
- Equipment follows task calendars for idle costs: When a piece of equipment is used on an activity, it will now be following the calendar of that activity for the purposes of idle cost calculations. This practically means that no idle costs will be incurred during the operation of the equipment. However, idle costs will still be incurred between operations on a 24hrs per day basis.
- Modify name and custom properties from the ‘edit data’ table: You can now edit names of elements and add/edit their custom property directly from the ‘edit data’ table. This should make transferring metadata from other sources that the uploaded BIM model quick and accessible.
- As-built logic is maintained through Manage cycles: You can now access the schedule logic in the as-built portion of a managed schedule for record-keeping purposes.