Auto-grouping is a powerful feature that helps to finalize the grouping phase in ALICE within minutes, to organize the family tree with a project-specific structure.
ALICE provides two options of auto-grouping:
- Auto-Grouping by Coordinates
- Auto-Grouping by Parameters
Auto-Grouping by Coordinates:
Auto-grouping by coordinates allows using the ALICE coordinate system, orientation, and increment to do a project-specific auto-grouping.
To use the Auto-Grouping by Coordinates :
- Select required elements and go to the Group tab
- Click on "auto-grouping" sing
- In the opened window, go to the By Coordinates tab
- Define the grouping Name, Direction, Index, and Tolerance
- For the Increment, pay attention to following the note
- Click Create Groups to finish the process
For more use-cases and instructions, watch the video below: