Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback about ALICE! We have been listening and working to build the best generative construction simulation solution. Here are the improvements that have been completed in November:
- P6 export includes actual labor hours: The P6 export for Managed schedules now includes the actual labor hours spent for each activity where that value was provided. This works regardless of whether you chose to add cost from resource loading or as separate expenses.
- Benefits: P6 for accounting and/or contractual reasons will no longer have to do the same work twice. Tracking information in ALICE (and then transferring it to P6) becomes more appealing.
- Manage Analytics - Estimate Reliability Report: This new component in Manage Analytics will plot for each operation, the estimated vs actual hours for each completed instance of that operation.
- Benefits: This allows project managers and project controls managers to accurately evaluate the reliability of various estimates, know which changes should be made to the plan if needed, and correlate changes in productivity to project events that may have caused them.
- Manage Analytics - View and edit labor hours spent from CSV: You are now able to track and perform bulk updates for the ‘labor hours spent’ values by downloading and reuploading the schedule CSV.
- Benefits: This allows project managers to more easily perform bulk updates, but more importantly, be able to quickly transfer data either from ALICE to other systems (scheduling, or cost management) and the other way around.
- Handle activities with missing actuals: In case you forget to add the actual labor hours spent as you’re statusing activitiesor or you prefer less manual work, ALICE will now assist by filling in missing values based on the start/finish times and the relevant calendars. You will receive a confirmation message when this happens.
- Benefits: This helps project managers and project controls managers not forget to input the data as they are assigning activity statuses, so that they can later access performance analytics that will surface execution issues.
- Manage Analytics - Delay Insights by Crews: This new component in Manage Analytics lists all the crews that have completed some activities on the project and allows users to view and sort by metrics such as tasks completed, tasks started late, and total hours of delay.
- Benefits: This allows project managers and project controls managers to identify delay trends and figure out which resources can provide information on causes and potential solutions.
Removed ‘Building’ & ‘Zone’ parameters: Those parameters behave just like custom properties, except they cannot be managed and tracked in the properties tree. Removing those default properties allows users to add them back only if/when they need them.
Please sign in to leave a comment.