Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback about ALICE! We have been listening and working to build the best generative construction simulation solution. Here are the improvements that have been completed in February:
- Custom Task IDs: You can now create your own custom Task ID composition using custom properties and operation tags. Simply go to Resources > Metadata > Custom Task IDs, and define the convention for your project.
- Benefits: Custom Task IDs will allow planners and project managers to more quickly pick up on the properties of an activity as they are analyzing a schedule, which increases the readability and ease of use of ALICE schedules.
- Custom Task IDs included in P6 export: Custom Task IDs that you define in ALICE will now be included as Activity IDs in the P6 exports.
- Benefits: This makes ALICE to P6 exports more presentable to stakeholders, and removes the need for post-processing in the case of customers who have standardized composition requirements for their Activity IDs.
- New ID Column in Gantt: You’ll notice a new column in the Gantt chart that currently shows the same task ID as the one you’d find in the CSV/P6 exports. The custom IDs are enabled (upcoming feature) the values will be replaced by the custom task IDs.
- Benefits: For now this will allow users to more easily connect any task they see in the Gantt chart to its counterpart in the CSV/P6 export. However, the real benefit of this feature will come when custom Task IDs are implemented and users are able to use smart IDs to reference their tasks!
- Indicate presence of non-3D elements in tree and viewer: Non-3D elements that you’ve added using the ‘Edit Data’ table in the plan page, will now be grouped under their own branch in the element tree, and their quantity will be displayed at all times in the indicator at the bottom of the viewer.
- Benefits: The indicator will make it hard to miss the fact that these elements are there and need to be accounted for, and the separate grouping in the tree will make it so these elements are easier to find (despite not being represented geometrically). This increases the usability of this feature and reduces the dependency of the planner persona on a 3D modeling resource to support them as they plan in ALICE.
- Analyze page performance improvements: Two separate improvements were added to the Analyze page.
- The first one is an optimization of the task card tray so that it can handle thousands of activities without causing slowdowns.
- The second relates to the display of non-working times in the Gantt not being as optimized as possible due to being under a feature flag. You should notice improvements in Analyze for large projects.