Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback about ALICE! We have been listening and working to build the best generative construction simulation solution. Here are the improvements that have been completed in August:
- ALICE supports calendar-based lags: You can now choose from the Calendars tab whether relationship lags in ALICE should follow a 24hr calendar or the same calendars as their predecessor activity.
- Benefit: This makes it easier to consolidate multiple schedules from multiple different sources into one Master schedule to integrate ALICE output into that schedule when other sources use the default P6 setting of “predecessor activity” for lag calendars.
- Schedule Infeasibility Reports: All users can now download a concise version of the infeasibility report that will help them troubleshoot what is going wrong.
- Benefits: This allows customers to quickly pinpoint planning issues that result in infeasible schedules without having to rely on the ALICE expert to do that.
- 'Event' type Milestone: This new milestone type allows users to specify the exact date on which the scope will start on.
- Benefits: Planners can now specify exact dates for deliveries, and zone access times, which allows them to get more desirable schedules in the scenario solutions.
- Increased extent of Gantt chart zooming: The zoom extent for the Gantt chart was increased to allow visulizing more of the project on one screen. Week numbering was also added to the timescale.
- Lag calendar settings are now included in P6 export: ALICE Lag Calendar settings are now included in P6 export (if you are rescheduling the project in P6).
- Download/Upload UX CSV improvement: The CSV download menu now includes customization options. This allows users to download only the subset of data they are looking for, which makes it a less overwhelming experience and allows them to find what they are looking for faster.
- CPM Calculations support lag calendars: CPM calculations such as criticality and slack/float values, now take into account lag calendars.
- XER format support for P6 data import: Import Calendars, Labor, Equipment, and Material from P6 now also support the native XER format.